Coleman Camping Coffee Maker - I Pick This One

Coleman Camping Coffee Maker - Review

image of Coleman Camping Coffee Maker

This Coleman Camping Coffee Maker has been designed for use with 2 or 3 burner camp stoves. It can be used to brew up to 10 cups of drip coffee or other hot beverages like tea or hot chocolate.

Coleman Camping Coffee Maker

Reviews of Coleman Camping Coffee Maker


Great product - works better than I had imagined!
Rating by : KingV911, rating 1.0 of 5.0



I recently purchased this coffee maker for car camping/mountain biking trips around Wisconsin. I always wished I could have coffee on the mornings that I woke up at the campsite. Percolators do not work well (in my experience) so I had basically given up until I saw one of these at a sporting goods store. I did some review checking online and all I read was good reviews on this particular model (apparently some of the earlier models had some minor issues). It really does work great! I have been using it on my old 2-burner coleman camp stove (coleman fuel) that my dad gave me (it's probably 30 years old). Contrary to what some people have said about it taking a long time to brew, some saying as much as 45 minutes, it took me about 10 minutes to brew a pot of coffee with cold water. I just cranked up the flame to high and it only took a couple mintutes for the water to heat up enough to start making it's way up to the basket and start dripping into the pot. Makes coffee as good as your standard countertop-style coffee maker (slightly larger, maybe, because of the larger base) and practically works the same way. If you want coffee at the campsite I cannot imagine anything better than this.


Field test versus old-fashioned percolator pot
Rating by : yard_dad, rating 2.0 of 5.0



I am a boy scout leader and I camp from 20-30 nights per year. The troop purchased one of these and used it daily for several weekend campouts and week-long summer camp, for a total of about 10 days with an average of 3-4 coffee drinkers. We drink about 2 pots a day (not each).
Durability:
The pot broke right away. We purchased a steel pot.
Plastic around the filter area seems to be brittle...it cracked and a piece broke off.
Cleaning:
The filter basket needs to be easily removable for cleanup. You have to carry the whole unit to your water source to rinse it out. You can take it out, but it requires a multi-tool to do so.
Quality of brew:
Good cup of coffee; just like your drip pot at home.
Speed:
For three consecutive mornings, we conducted a side-by-side field test with an old-fashioned steel percolator pot. Both the Coleman product and the perculator pot had the same amounts of water. Both the Coleman and percolator were lit on the same stove at the same time with the same burner setting. The percolator pot was brought to a boil and perc'ed for 8 minutes. Bottom line, the Coleman product took twice as long to make a pot of coffee.
Overall:
A percolator pot is a better option for camp settings. The Coleman stove drip pot takes longer, is not that durable and takes up more space than an old-fashioned steel percolator pot. Also, the hot surface area (burn potential) is greater for the Coleman product, as the entire bottom section gets hot, as you might expect.


Great, once you figure out the design flaw
Rating by : John Clark, rating 4.0 of 5.0



The first two times I tried to use it the coffee did not drip through the filter into the carafe. I finally realized that its "pause and serve lever" is not well designed. At least with my device, when the filter basket is opened and then closed, the "pause and serve" lever does not always line up with the the trap door under the filter basket. So even when the carafe was in place, the trap door was not opening to let the coffee through. Once I figured that out, it worked quite well.

Never go without coffee when you buy the Coleman Coffeemaker. A camping coffeemaker the brews drip coffee just like you have at home, you can have coffee while ...

Great deal on drip coffee maker for your camp stove. Have a boat and just don't use it. $20.00 OBO Pretty much new 360-220-2842 Location: Bellingham

Find great deals on eBay for coleman coffee maker and coleman propane coffee maker. Shop with confidence.

Enter the Coleman camping coffeemaker, which makes up to ten 6-ounce cups of coffee without requiring an electrical outlet. Instead, the Coleman coffeemaker sits atop ...

buy Percolators and Camping Coffeemakers for the best outdoor coffee making there is at Coleman.com

Coleman Camping Coffee Maker

No comments:

Post a Comment