Vornado Zippi Personal Fan Raindrop - My Personal Recommendation

Vornado Zippi Personal Fan, Raindrop - on Amazon.com

image of Vornado Zippi Personal Fan, Raindrop

Zippi, A Small Fan with Big Attitude! Vornado's Zippi Fan has innovative soft cloth blades that quickly and quietly propel the air, but are safe to touch even while the fan is in motion! The Zippi is a powerful electric fan and doesn't require batteries. Ideal for travelers, the Zippi fan folds down so it can be easily packed away. Model is made for 120 Volts only

Vornado Zippi Personal Fan  Raindrop

Reviews of Vornado Zippi Personal Fan Raindrop


What do 'Quiet' and 'Silent' mean? Vornado "Zippi" vs SPT "Silent"
Rating by : Reviewer "last1in", rating 4.0 of 5.0



Words like 'silent' and 'quiet' are very subjective, so I don't normally pay much attention to reviews that complain about them. This time is different.

I needed a couple of reasonably-quiet fans for my small home office. I purchase the SPT 7-Inch Silent Electric Table Fan and the Vornado Zippi Desk Fan which at the time were roughly the same price.

The Zippi has cloth blades that make a little background noise. To avoid being subjective, let's say the low setting has the volume of a CD-ROM spinning or wind noise in a luxury automobile - there, but steady, quiet and easily ignored. On high (it only has two speeds), it's like the sound effect on old movies when the characters are talking quietly on an airplane - clearly there but not intrusive - or a new car idling - noticeable at first then fading onto the background.

The SPT on the other hand is disruptively noisy even on medium - like a leaf-blower outside the window or a really old microwave on high. Another comparison is the 12" Vornado that I use in the garage to move massive volumes of air; it emits about the same sound on low as the SPT does on medium but the Vornado is hugely more effective. This "Silent" fan's medium setting was noticeable over forty feet away (through a closed door, down a hallway and across the living room), enough so that we had to turn the TV up in that room. On low, it's not much better (you'd still need to shut it off to have a phone call) and on high it's not much worse (the TV in the LR would need a couple more notches in volume).

Noise volume really has to be balanced against air volume. The Zippi moves a good bit of air and adequately cools my desk area on low. On high, it can be a bit chilly. So low gives me a very quiet, comfortable stream of cool air. The SPT on low is a little difficult to tell from 'off' other than the noise. Airflow on medium is impressive and focused, about like the Zippi on high. High and medium on the SPT are hard to tell apart, though. I won't expand on that simply because the noise is giving me a headache. Sorry.

One last note of comparison: The Zippi sits on a wire base and can be set at literally any angle. The SPT give you three choices, nearly straight up, severely angled up or about half between vertical and horizontal. Unless you want to use it on the floor (I do, btw, which is why I like soft-bladed or enclosed fans), it's pretty well useless.

Overall: if you're going to be in a noisy environment and need a fan to push air upwards (for instance, to dry paint on a wall in a construction zone or cool a rack of servers), the SPT is an acceptable choice. For any other circumstance whatsoever, go with the Zippi.


Great choice for your cubicle!
Rating by : Damian Harouff, rating 1.0 of 5.0



I typically don't write reviews, unless it's something that's really outstanding (either good or bad).

This fan is quite possibly the best personal fan ever. I've got it sitting on my desk in my cubicle, and it's the perfect size, perfect amount of airflow, and perfect level of noise. On the low setting, the fan's hum completely blends into background noise. On the high setting, it's not much louder. My co-worker's cheap plasticky fan is much louder and moves much less air.

AND it comes with a 3 year warranty. Does anything anymore this cheap come with a 3 year warranty?

Buy it. Buy it now. You won't regret it.


Nice little fan.
Rating by : John P. Richards, rating 4.0 of 5.0



I bought this fan to replace another Zippi that had stopped working. The other one sat on my desk last year and did a fair job of cooling but it caught the attention of everyone who came to my desk. They all wanted to stick their fingers into the soft blades. Even after multiple requests to get them to stop, it continued. Finally, the fan stopped working. I ordered a new one. While I was waiting for the new one to arrive I took the old one apart and cleaned all of the dust, etc... I also put just a drop of household oil on the fan spindle. Wow... like new. So now I have two reasons for people to come and see me at my desk. Lucky me.

4 stars. "What do 'Quiet' and 'Silent' mean? Vornado "Zippi" vs SPT "Silent"" Words like 'silent' and 'quiet' are very subjective, so I don't normally pay much ...

Find great deals on eBay for vornado zippi and vornado v8. Shop with confidence.

The Vornado Zippi Fan, Raindrop FA1-0007-39R, has a powerful motor that will keep you cool. With a sleek and modern design, the Vornado Personal Fan will look at home ...

Vornado Zippi Personal Fan - 15 results like Vornado Zippi Personal Fan Raspberry, Vornado Zippi Personal Fan Raindrop, Vornado Zippi Personal Fan, Raindrop, Vornado ...

Find product information, ratings and reviews for a Vornado Zippi Personal Fan Raindrop.

Vornado Zippi Personal Fan  Raindrop

No comments:

Post a Comment