Ge Wb13k21 Igniter For Oven - My Personal Recommendation

GE WB13K21 Igniter for Oven - Check it Out

image of GE WB13K21 Igniter for Oven

Approx. 12"L (Including Wires). WB13K21 replaces WB13K14 WB13K13 WB13K12 WB13K10026 WB13K10009 WB13K0021 WB13K0014 WB13K0013 and WB13K0012.

Ge Wb13k21 Igniter For Oven

Reviews of Ge Wb13k21 Igniter For Oven


It works!
Rating by : dmo, rating 1.0 of 5.0



I called the local appliance store - couldn't come out for 4 days. Called GE (the manufacturer) - they wanted $85 just to come out plus parts and labor. How much for the labor? They wouldn't say. How much if, say, it takes an hour? Couldn't say. So you mean if the guy presents me with a bill for $1000 I just have to pay it? She didn't know nothing.

Okay, so how much would just the part cost? $95. What if I wanted it delivered the next day? Sorry, it's too late she told me, day after tomorrow would be an extra $10, so $105.

So I went to Amazon, ordered it for next day delivery, which I got the next MORNING, total cost about $38.00

Took about 20 minutes to change it and my oven works once again. And I'm far from what you'd call handy. The only tricky part was that to get to the connection I had to remove the warming drawer underneath the oven.


genuine GE replacement oven igniter
Rating by : J. Lam, rating 1.0 of 5.0



The oven for my 9 year old GE stove range stopped working. [sigh] Appliances don't last as long as they used to. Did some googling and it seems like the likely culprit these days is the oven igniter. Took apart the bottom of the oven and the glow bar on the igniter didn't glow at all and looked a bit frazzled. Decided to take a chance and swap out the old igniter for a new one. To my surprise I found this igniter on Amazon for about thirty bucks.

The part arrived in a box that stated it was a genuine GE replacement part. It looks exactly like the product image. No instructions were included, but it came with a piece of paper with an image of the igniter on it as if that would be of any help. It also came with two ceramic lock nuts. I think the ceramic nuts are for the unfortunate situation in which one cannot easily disconnect the wiring for the old igniter. In that case you would have to disconnect the old igniter by cutting the wires to it and then splice them to the new igniter and cap the splices with the lock nuts - just like how electrical wiring in your home is done these days. Thankfully all I had to do was unscrew the two existing screws and disconnect the wire plug and then install the new igniter in reverse order. To my relief the new igniter did the trick and fixed the oven.

Do your body a favor and remove the oven door first. Just in case you don't know how, open the door partway and then lift upwards. Thanks once again to Amazon and internet sources, I saved a ton of money by getting the part here and not having to hire an appliance repair company.


Exact replacement for GE XL44 Model JGBS23WEA2WW
Rating by : John Mueller "John", rating 4.0 of 5.0



This is actually the second time I've had to replace our oven's igniter in a little over 2 years. I purchased both from Amazon. I don't know what the expected lifetime should be. Hopefully this next one lasts longer. In regard to installing it make sure you connect it pointing down, via the tab that is not bent (there are two tabs on it with screw holes). When I first replaced it I couldn't remember exactly how the original was mounted.

I detailed how to install this igniter on my blog, johnfixesstuff.blogspot.com (just search in the top right corner for GE XL44).

5 stars. "It works!" I called the local appliance store - couldn't come out for 4 days. Called GE (the manufacturer) - they wanted $85 just to come out plus parts and ...

This GE WB13K21 flat style for Oven igniter works with many GE, Hotpoint, Kenmore and RCA ranges, for Ovens and for Stoves. Works with the following models: General ...

Made by GE. IMPORTANT: Connector plug may need to be cut off and igniter wires connected to range wires using porcelain wire nuts., WB13K21 / AP2020569 made by GE

GE’s flat style oven igniter (model #: WB13K21) will help fix ovens that are not producing heat due to a malfunctioning igniter. Igniters are designed to start the ...

Visit eBay for great deals on a huge selection ge wb13k21. Shop eBay!

Ge Wb13k21 Igniter For Oven

No comments:

Post a Comment